Just Another Day (February 15, 2023)

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. (Romans 14:5)

Thank you sincerely for the much-appreciated birthday greetings that you are sending! Yes, it’s my 72nd birth anniversary, but to me it is just another day, each of which is a gift to be cherished and lived fully, not for one’s own glory, but for the glory of God! Certainly, for me and every other sinner who has entered into a personal faith-based relationship with Jesus Christ and been saved by the grace of a merciful God, this day and every day we are given is a precious day, but just another day to be committed into God’s capable hands in order that it might be lived in a manner that pleases Him, produces good fruit in our lives, and returns to Him the praise, gratitude, and worship that only the Almighty deserves. Believe me, I am thankful not only for the bounty of His many blessings but for the hardships and trials that He uses to shape me into His image and transform me into the humble, obedient, trusting servant He created me to be.

The end of a thing is better than its beginning; the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. (Ecclesiastes 7:8)

Absolutely, it’s just another day to: love God with all my heart, soul, and mind, and to allow Him to empower me through His Holy Spirit to do something far beyond my human capabilities, to love others as myself…to seek His unique purpose for my life and obediently use the skills and resources He has entrusted into my care to accomplish His will, not mine…to grow in the knowledge, grace, and likeness of Christ by applying biblical truth to my life, prayer and meditation, and intimate fellowship with God…and to guard my thoughts, words, and actions that others might see Jesus in me and seek Him for their own salvation. It’s just another glorious day to be fulfilled serving my God and permitting His divine peace and love to flow through me into a world of hatred and strive. This day, every day, heavenly Father, I will praise and thank you for the certain hope that is mine in Your beloved Son Jesus Christ, now and eternally!

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog