God Is My Strength and Sufficiency (March 16, 2023)

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning facing a full schedule of commitments, obligations, and responsibilities during the day ahead, my mind is overwhelmed with worry, fear, and doubt. If we are not careful, the busyness of our lives can rob us of our joy as Christians and shift our focus from God to ourselves and our circumstances. As prideful humans, we tend to be independent-minded and under the delusion of our own self-sufficiency. In our fallen sinful state, however, we are all fraught with weakness, infirmities, and shortcomings that many of us are not willing to admit.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.(Philippians 4:13)

When my heart is filled with anxiety and my mind races to figure out how I could possibly accomplish all of today’s tasks, I listen to hear above my confusion the sweet, inner voice of the LORD whispering, “Depend upon me, not yourself!” Suddenly the joy of belonging to Jesus floods my troubled soul and my comforted mind is refocused on Almighty God, the inexhaustible source of strength that is perfected in our human weakness. God does not want us to try to rely upon ourselves; He desires that we tap into His infinite power. With Christ living in us through the Holy Spirit, God enables believers to pursue joyful, fruitful lives that honor Him!

“And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog